Connect with us

News

Covenant University Registrar sacked

        Covenant University has been trending for days over a sex scandal that got at least two students expelled from the faith-based university.

It started when one of the students published a now-deleted thread on Twitter alleging that two female students framed him, saying he had sex with one of them, which is against the school’s rules.

He added that he didn’t do it and had obeyed the school’s rules for the past five years he had been studying there. He was eventually expelled. He added that he filed a lawsuit against the university and won.
He also accused the school’s registrar Dr. Olumuyiwa Oludayo of having sexual affairs with female students.
The former student later deleted his tweets.

Today, an audio clip is making the rounds, said to be that of the school’s chancellor, Bishop David Oyedepo during the school’s chapel service for 100 and 200 level students.

Oyedepo said in the clip:
From this day henceforth, no student, whether male or female, must be found having an intimacy ally.
If you’re found, then you’re gone. We did not apply to you, you applied to us. I say, if you misbehave, you’ll be sent out with ignominy.

Caution, caution, caution.

Vice Chancellor, Dean Student Affairs, Registrar, oh, we don’t have a registrar at the moment. But I have spoken and this is law.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

News

ASUU Threatens Nigeria FG to Start Another Strike, Says FG Reluctant Over 2019 Agreement

asuu nigeria fg meeting

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) said late on Wednesday 22nd 2019 that its members should not be held responsible if there is any disruption in the university system.

They  said, was because the Federal Government had not shown commitment in carrying out the 2019 Memorandum of Action.

The ASUU National President, Prof Biodun Ogunyemi, stated this at a briefing in Abuja while giving an update on the ongoing renegotiation with the government and to clear the air over the N25bn confirmed by the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, to have been approved for universities.

asuu nigeria fg meeting

Ogunyemi said the N25bn was meant to be a part-payment of the Earned Academic Allowances and should have been released between February 15 and 28, 2019, as agreed. But this was not done.

He said, “Since information on the amount mentioned in the media went round, the ASUU has been inundated with enquiries on the union’s perspective to the story.

“Funding for the revitalisation of public universities has for years been of very high priority to ASUU.

“Reaching agreement with the Federal Government has often been a frustrating journey for our union. It is often marked with protests, strikes and requires a conscious and focused engagement. The 2001 agreement, which gave birth to the 2009 agreement, was not an exemption. The exception here is the personality leading the government negotiation team.

“The current leadership of the government team clearly lacks the academic disposition and humility needed to undertake such task. We have written the Minister of Education recently that with Dr Wale Babalakin, we may go nowhere. And with the current approach of Dr Babalakin in the ongoing negotiation, the future of Nigerian universities is in jeopardy.

“We call on Nigerians to prevail on Dr Babalakin to embrace a change of attitude in the interest of Nigerian children whose parents cannot afford the cost of a highly priced privatised university system.

“Our members enjoy their work and hate to see any disruption in the smooth running of our universities. However, the level of frustration occasioned by the lackadaisical attitude of the government towards meeting the terms of the 2019 Memorandum of Action that was freely signed with our union is increasingly becoming unbearable.

“We therefore call on all Nigerian patriots, parents and students, including the Nigeria Labour Congress, to prevail on the government to keep to the terms of our agreement. Otherwise, our union should not be held responsible for any disruption in the system.”

Continue Reading

Celebrity

Naria Marley has been released on bail

Naira Marley Ft Zlatan -'Am I A Yahoo Boy'

Nigerian rapper, Azeez Fashola, popularly known as naria marley has reportedly been granted a release on bail, contrary to the court order.

The singer had been ordered by a Federal High court in Ikoyi to be remanded in prison custody.

image

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Efcc, had filed the charge against him on Tuesday, May 14.

Meanwhile, standing before Justice Nicholas Oweibo who ordered that the EFCC should remand him in prison till May 30th, the “Am I A Yahoo Boy” pleaded not guilty.

However, in a recent development, a video of the rapper smiling while entering a car has since surfaced online confirming that he has indeed been released.

Continue Reading

Trending